Quick Summary: We have picked the Superfeet Green Insoles- Professional Grade Inserts as the best basketball insoles as they have a deep heel cup for support and shock absorption, and they provide a great deal of stability and support. All of this helps to reduce the stress placed on your feet, ankles, and knees. Additionally, they are very durable.
Whether you’re spending time on the court or just engaging in an ordinary workout, preventing heel pain is important. That’s why using an insole designed specifically for the shape and needs of your foot is such a good idea.
However, finding the perfect one for your needs doesn’t have to be a long and tedious task. There are many good products on the market that are both comfortable to wear and easily slip inside your existing shoe.
Best of all, these durable and budget-friendly designs help ensure total comfort during heavily strenuous activities, such as playing basketball with friends, engaging in drills, or even in the middle of an official game.
Some designs are available specifically for the shape and size of female feet, while others are ideal for men. And some are considered unisex, meaning they work adequately for both men’s and women’s basketball shoes.
Are you looking for just a bit of extra cushion or do you need something with arch support? Most people can agree that the regular soles that come with most high-end basketball shoes are still pretty miserable if you’re planning on wearing them on a regular basis.
Here are ten of the best basketball insoles to help get you started and make you feel as though you’re walking on air each time you use them
- 10 Best Basketball Insoles Comparison
- Reviews of 10 Best Basketball Insoles
- What To Look For Before Buying The Right Basketball Insoles?
- Final Verdict
10 Best Basketball Insoles Comparison
1. Superfeet Green Insoles (Best overall)
A deep and narrow heel cup ensures total cushioning and comfort throughout your entire workout, while professional grade orthotic backing helps provide ultimate shock absorption for jumping and heavy running.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3CRcnVn"]Read Our Review
2. WALKHERO Comfort Fasciitis Insoles (Best Budget)
Designed to correct over pronation, these quality insoles are ideal for those who need support for plantar fasciitis or other injury-related heel pain.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3FHJX1Z"]Read Our Review
3. Sof Sole Athlete Insoles for Men
Lightweight cushioning gel pads make walking and running feel as though you’re on air, while the contoured neutral arch is ideal for most foot sizes.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3nKflqw"]Read Our Review
4. Arched Insoles for Women
These arched insoles feature the perfect size and shape for supporting female feet. Special built-in shock absorbers help cushion the heel and arch, reducing the risk for injury or development of heel pain.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3DMlEzq"]Read Our Review
5. Sof Sole Full-Length Insoles for Women
Performance insoles designed specifically for women with an ultra comfortable moisture-wicking layer to help keep feet cool, dry, and comfortable during physical activity.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3FJ69c9"]Read Our Review
6. Kailedi Unisex Sports Insoles
Basic cushioned sports insoles designed to ensure support and comfort during any physical activity where you’re on your feet. A great unisex design ideal for those who aren’t a fan of gel or who don’t want any unnecessary frills.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3HSoYM6"]Read Our Review
7. PCSole Orthotic Arch Support Inserts
Quality arch supports specifically designed for low arch, high arch, and flat feet. These inserts cradle the foot to reduce strain and minimize pain, both on and off the basketball court.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3r6bqGQ"]Read Our Review
8. SofSole Men’s High Arch Performance Insoles
Gel in the heel and a special Hydrologix moisture-wicking element ensure total comfort and enhance pain relief for those who suffer from high arches.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3DQJASc"]Read Our Review
9. Spenco Cross-Trainer Cushioning Arch Support Insoles
If you’re looking for cushioning of both the forefoot and the heel, you’ll love these antimicrobial basketball shoe inserts. Made from lightweight foam, they provide total shock absorption but won’t weigh you down.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3CR2Q0G"]Read Our Review
10. ProFoot Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
Clinically proven to relieve heel pain while helping prevent further injury and damage, these inserts are ideal for everyday wear beyond when you’re on the court.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3l4ENVT"]Read Our Review|
Reviews of 10 Best Basketball Insoles
Here’s a list of the best basketball insoles we found on the market:
1. Superfeet GREEN Insoles- Professional Grade Basketball Insoles
What You Will Love: These insoles are durable and supportive while providing shock absorption and stability.
These Superfeet Green Insoles are really great for active people. The deep heel cup provides plenty of support and shock absorption while reducing stress and your knees, feet, and ankles.
They keep their shape for up to 500 miles of use, making them a very durable set of insoles.They are fully adjustable, meaning that you can cut them to your ideal size and shape.
The insole is designed with a high density foam layer that cushions and supports the feet very well. The only downside is the price, as they can run up to $50.
- They have a deep heel cup for maximum support.
- The shape is made to stabilize and support feet.
- They reduce stress on your feet, ankles, and knees.
- They have a high density foam layer that supports and cushions the foot.
- The insole is very durable, and you can cut them to your size.
- They are pretty expensive.
2. Walk-Hero Comfort And Support Orthotics Inserts Basketball Insoles
What You Will Love: They are very comfortable, very affordable, and they are great for pain like plantar fasciitis and other issues.
These Walk-Hero Comfort and Support Orthotics Inserts are great for people with flat feet, so you know they provide support for those that do not.
They provide excellent shock absorption and are made from very thick and durable EVA gel. They are very thick, which may be good for some but not so great for others.
The heel may need to be trimmed to feet your foot correctly. These start as low as $10 and usually do not go more than $20, so they are very affordable. Although they are excellent insoles, they come with a money back guarantee in case you find any issues with them. Walk-Hero is great as sometimes even the best insoles are not right for everyone.
- They are designed for people with pain like plantar fasciitis and other foot problems.
- These orthotic shoe insoles provide a great amount of shock absorption.
- They are very affordable.
- There is a full refund if there are any issues.
- They are made from EVA gel, which is thick and durable.
- They may be too thick for comfort.
- Though they are not meant to be adjustable, you may need to trim some of the heel.
Best for men
3. Sof Sole Insoles Men Basketball Shoe Insoles
What You Will Love: Sof Sole Insoles Men are comfortable, durable, and the arch is designed so that it will fit most people.
These Sof Sole Insoles Men Athletic Insoles are another great option for active people and sports players. They come designed with what they call Hydrolix moisture management, which will help wick moisture away.
However, there seems to still be some odor issues. There is a ton of cushion in the forefoot and the heel, so they are very comfortable.
They stay in place when you are wearing them, which is always nice, and the great support reduces or eliminates pain.
Unfortunately, Sof Sole Insoles Men are pretty thick, so a lot of people will not want to wear them as they will cramp the foot. Sole Insoles Men run around $20, so they are pretty affordable.
- The arch support are great and make them very comfortable.
- There is a lot of cushion in the heel and forefoot.
- They are very durable.
- You can expect them to stay in place during wear.
- The support reduces or eliminates pain.
- The neutral arch means that they fit most people well.
- They are too thick for some people’s liking.
- You might notice that they cause odors.
Best for Women
4. Helicuang Sport Ultra Comfortable Basketball Insoles
What You Will Love: They are some of the best shock absorbing insoles for this very low price range.
The Helicuang Sport Ultra Comfortable Orthotic Insole is one of the cheapest options available they only run around $7.
The holes in the insole provide a lot of ventilation, keeping your foot cool during wear, and they stay in place so you do not need to worry about them slipping down when you are playing.
These insoles are designed with a U-shaped heel. They also fit the deepest parts of the foot, providing a little more comfort. They are a little flimsy and not as supportive as other options, but at the grand total of about $7, they are still quite a deal.
- These orthotic shoe insoles are very affordable and comfortable.
- There is a lot of ventilation through the holes.
- They are not too thick for comfort.
- They are designed with a U shaped heel and fit the deep parts of the foot.
- You can expect them to stay in place during wear.
- They are designed with EVA and fabric for comfort and durability.
- The gel provides a lot of shock absorption.
- They seem flimsy and not as supportive as one would like.
Best Full Length Insole for Women
5. Sof Sole Insoles Women’s AIRR Performance Basketball Insoles
What You Will Love: These insoles come with air bubbles that are designed in the heel and arch that provide maximum shock absorption.
These Women’s AIRR Performance Full Length Gel Shoe Insert is great for those that participate in high impact activities, such as basketball. The Skydex air bubbles support you and absorb most of the shock you endure.
The polymer gel in the forefoot provides maximum cushioning, and there is a stability plate in the arch and heel that help keep you moving the correct way, limiting the chance of injury.
The top layer is made from COOLMAX fabric which will wick away moisture, keeping your feet cool and dry. The biggest issue is the price. They run between $28 and $50, so they get pretty expensive.
- They have a synthetic sole.
- They are designed with Skydex air bubbles in the heel and the arch for maximum shock absorption.
- The gel in the forefoot provides maximum cushioning.
- There is COOLMAX fabric on the top that is made to wick the moisture away.
- There is a stability plate in the arch and the heel.
- They are pretty expensive.
Best for Unisex
6. KAILEDI Orthotic Basketball Insoles
What You Will Love: They are designed for people with any type of foot issues and pain, so there is a lot of support.
These KAILEDI Orthotic Sports Insoles are both supportive and comfortable. They are designed with high quality latex free gel, and there is a deep heel cup that is both supportive and shock absorbing.
They are contoured to fit your foot well, and the forefoot is well cushioned for comfort. You might find them a bit thin, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
However, they will not feel supportive enough to some people. If they do not fit your foot or shoe well, they can be trimmed.
They only run about $13, so they are very affordable. And, they come with a 100% money back guarantee if they do not work out well.
- They can be trimmed if they do not fit well.
- 100% money back guarantee if things do not work out.
- The price is affordable.
- They are designed with high quality, latex free materials.
- The design is comfortable and supportive.
- They are contoured for good fit.
- The forefoot is well cushioned and they are breathable.
- The deep heel cupping is supportive and shock absorbing.
- They are a little thin, but that is not bad for most people.
Best for Flat Feet
7. PCSsole Orthoic Arch Support Shoes Inserts
What You Will Love: These medical grade inserts offer great arch support and the deep heel cradle helps keep the bone stabilized.
These PCSsole Orthotic Arch Support Shoe Inserts provide a pretty good bit of support for strenuous or every day use.
They are considered medical-grade inserts that are designed to help with heel pain, arch pain, ankle pain, and other common foot pain due to plantar fasciitis and overpronation.
The deep heel cradle provides extra support that helps keep your foot stable. There is a cushioned latex pad that provides high arch support, and the fabric wicks moisture away keeping your feet cool and dry. They are easily movable from one shoe to another, though they may be too thick to wear some shoes.
They are washable, though, which is helpful in preventing a build-up of odors. So don’t worry about washing your basketball socks every day.
They might also be a bit too soft, which we discussed above is not really good when you need a lot of support. They run about $18, so they are affordable.
- They are pretty affordable, soft, and comfortable.
- They are medical grade inserts for common foot problems and pain.
- The arch support they provide distribute the pressure over the whole insert.
- There is a deep heel cradle.
- The base is made from durable EVA foam, and the fabric keeps your feet cool.
- You can wear them with pretty much any type of shoe, including slip ons.
- They are washable.
- Some people may find them a little too thick for comfort.
- They might be a little too soft.
Best High Arch Insole
8. Sof Sole Men’s High Arch Performance Insole
What You Will Love: You’ll love the gel in the heel and Hydrologic moisture-wicking technology of Sof Sole Insoles Men.
The Sof Sole Men’s High Arch Performance Insole is a great option for anyone who suffers from arch support problems or heel pain.
A layered design with moisture-wicking capabilities makes it an ideal choice whether you are playing indoor or on a backyard court.
The shape and layered design of this product makes it one of the best basketball insoles on the market. Specifically designed for those who suffer from high arches, these inserts fit smoothly and comfortably into most pairs of basketball shoes.
True athletes know that sweat happens. Sof Sole Insoles Men features a special Hydrologix layer to help wick moisture away from the foot and ensure total comfort, which an antimicrobial coating reduces bacteria growth and eliminates odor.
While some high arch shoe inserts only include cushioning for the center of the foot, these feature a special gel layer specifically designed to cradle the heel. In the end, this gives you more support for making those sweet jump shots.
- Full-length design.
- Enhanced arch support for added stability.
- Doesn’t reinforce foot alignment, which can allow injury to still happen.
- Better for running and walking versus time on the court.
Best Cushioning Insoles
9. Spenco Cross Trainer Cushioning Insoles
What You Will Love: You’ll love the combination of shock absorption and energy return for ideal comfort during practice.
The Spenco Cross Trainer Cushioning Insoles are ideal for athletes who want the most cushioning and comfort possible.
Made from lightweight polyurethane foam, they are ideal for situations where you want the benefits of the best basketball insoles, but none of the bulk.
While some top basketball insoles are just designed for arch support, these feature an added EVA forefoot cushion for overall comfort. In turn, this gives you better stability and comfort through whatever activity you enjoy most.
Four-way stretch fabric with a silpure antimicrobial layer helps reduce the chances of getting a blister while eliminating odor. Not only will you notice that your feet feel better, but your gym bag and locker will also smell better after engaging in an intense workout session.
If you tend to work with small businesses in other areas of your life and haven’t been able to find an independent brand to use for basketball insoles, then you’ll love the fact that Spenco is family-owned. While this doesn’t make your feet feel better, it is an important social factor for many people.
- Ideal for reducing foot pain while providing extra support.
- Styles available for men and women in all shoe sizes.
- Approved by American podiatric medical association
- Not as many layers as other basketball insoles on the market.
- Minimal heel cushioning for added high arch support.
Best for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
10. ProFoot Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis and Heel Pain
What You Will Love: You’ll love the relief you get if you’re already suffering from heel pain or plantar fasciitis and don’t want it affecting your workouts.
If you’re past preventing pain and already on the mend, the ProFoot Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis is an ideal choice.
Clinically proven to relieve heel pain, these shoe inserts are optimal for wear during your workouts, games, and even around town.
While some basketball shoe inserts just cushion the heel, these options from ProFoot Orthotic actually cradle it for increased support and reduction of pain.
In the end, this gives you the soothing relief you need after an injury or other problems associated with plantar fasciitis.
Other inserts just help add support to the inside of your basketball shoe. These feature an orthotic design specifically engineered to cradle the foot while reducing pain and improving arch issues.
Some brands promise relief and comfort but don’t perform. The ProFoot Orthotic insoles are clinically proven for decreased pain and improved support while engaging in all kinds of physical activity, such as running and jumping.
- Orthotic design for reduction of inflammation.
- Arch support shoe insoles.
- Money back satisfaction guarantee.
- Heel inserts with no forefoot cushioning.
- No moisture-wicking capabilities for increased dryness and decreased odor.
What To Look For Before Buying The Right Basketball Insoles?
We chose the following criteria to judge our options by, and they are great criteria for you to consider when shopping for your insoles:
Though we certainly hope this is not the case, you might find that your insoles are not what you need them to be. If this is the case, you want to get your money back. Check into what guarantees the manufacturer makes.
Everyone needs arch support– the only question is how much do you need. The more active you are, like when playing sports, the more support you need. Those that have flat feet or other problems will need more arch support as well.
Related: Best walking shoes for flat feet
Some people have wide feet, some have narrow feet, and some are directly in between. Whatever the width of your foot, be sure that you purchase insoles to fit .
Memory foam is an awesome thing, except when you need more support than usual. Basketball players need this support, so wearing something as soft as memory foam is not going to be good for such a sport.
Moisture Wicking/ Odor Protection
Playing basketball is also going to make your feet hot and sweaty. You do not want insoles that will actually soak up that sweat and weigh you down. Look for insoles with moisture wicking fabrics.
Most insoles will come in nylon, Gel, or silicone. Nylon is more firm, so it should be supportive. Gel is very shock absorbing. Silicone is soft, supportive, and very durable. .
All of the jumping and running done by a baller means that he or she needs insoles that will provide shock absorption. This will help you prevent injury and feel much less pain.
In addition to the common characteristics, you will find insoles that provide other options, such as heel lifts. You might also need insoles that are wider at the toe area. Look for anything you know that you need when shopping.
Your best bet is often to find insoles that are “adjustable” as this means that you can cut them to fit your actual shoe. However, if you are worried that you might mess them up, there are plenty of options that come as you need them to. This will be specifically up to you and your preferences.
It is easy to assume that you want the thickest insoles of all, but that is actually not the case. Insoles that are too thick can actually cause a lot of discomfort, especially if they do not fit in your shoes well. The last thing you want is insoles that cramp your feet.
It is equally as important to know that just because insoles are thin does not mean that they are not supportive. Some thin insoles provide the best support there is. Try finding a mid size one if you can, as this will likely provide the best of both worlds.
What Brand Of Insoles Help With Shin Splints For Basketball Players?
There are two highly recommended insoles when it comes to shin splints: Dr. Scholl’s RUNNING Insoles, and Samurai Insoles Ninja Orthotic Inserts. Either of these should be a good choice.
What Is The Best Brand Of Insoles For Basketball?
Naming a brand as “the best” is not possible because everyone- and every baller- has different feet and need different things. The best brand for one will probably not be the best brand for another. However, you can start by looking at brands such as Sof Sole Insoles Men, Shock Doctor Active Ultra Insole or even Dr. Scholls.
How Much Will I Spend On Basketball Insoles?
This will vary depending on what you find comfortable. Do remember, though, that high price does not always equal high quality. On the flip side, low price does not always mean low quality. The options we have discussed here have started as low as about $7 and gone up to about $50.
Where Can I Buy Basketball Insoles?
Pretty much anywhere that sells shoes sells insoles. And you do not necessarily have to purchase insoles that say “basketball” on them for them to be good for you.
Truthfully, as long as they have the criteria we mentioned above, they can be an everyday pair that you find at Amazon.
Should I Get Custom Orthotics Instead?
Some people completely believe in custom orthotics, believing that this is the only way to go. However, according to a lot of research that has been done, most people are not going to receive more from custom orthotics than they do from others.
However, custom orthos will hurt your pockets a bit more. The biggest key with any of them is finding a pair that feels good during and after the game. Whether they are custom or not, you only need to worry about whether they support your foot.
Final Verdict: Best Basketball Insoles
A good pair of basketball insoles can make a big difference in your game and how you feel once it is over, but choosing some can be difficult. We have discussed the factors you should consider and seven great options so that you can choose the best basketball insoles for you.
More Basketball Related Articles
- Best Knee Brace For Basketball
- Best Basketball Shorts
- Best Basketball Shoes For Volleyball
- Best Indoor Basketball Hoops
- Best Basketball socks