Quick Summary: We have picked the Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Basketball System as the top swimming pool basketball hoop as it is made with a shatterproof backboard and a very large and stable base. It comes with an impressive five-year warranty, meaning that you can get a lot of games from it. Additionally, it is pool side height adjustable so people of all heights and ages can enjoy it.
Basketball and swimming are two of the best sports that enable users to develop body and muscle strength but, in a fun way. The good news for all fun lovers is that now the excitement of these sports can be combined with the help of swimming basketball hoops.
These hoops make it possible for swimmers to explore their potential for other sports whereas it gives basketball players the to master their ball-playing skills by taking a dive in the water.
By installing the best swimming pool basketball hoop in your pool-you can turn it into a fun playground that can be accessed by everyone and can be used to practice multiple activities.
You will notice a drastic improvement in your overall health after regularly using these hoops for playing various sports. Most importantly, poolside basketball hoops are no less than gym equipment as it tones down the body and strengthens leg and abdominal muscles.
There is no doubt that by performing various water activities through pool basketball pools, one can successfully shed an ample amount of that unwanted weight. Before you think that these hoops are too good to be true, let us assure you that with its countless other qualities-things only get better.
These hoops are lightweight, flexible, portable, and extremely economical to buy. Check out our list of the best pool basketball hoops to make your summer parties a talk of the town.
- 10 Best Pool Basketball Hoops Comparison
- Reviews of Top 10 Pool Basketball Hoops
- How To Choose The Best Pool Basketball Hoop?
- Final Verdict
10 Best Pool Basketball Hoops Comparison
1. Lifetime Pool Side Basketball (Best overall)
The Lifetime PoolSide Basketball System has a fusion backboard that will not shatter making it really durable. This system has a five year warranty so it can last along the side of your pool for many years.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3HOoiqT"]Read Our Review
2. Poolmaster Pro Poolside Basketball Game (Best Budget)
The Poolmaster Pro Rebounder Basketball Game is constructed from a polyform plastic that can withstand all weather conditions. The net is specially coated to resist mold. It is incredibly easy to assemble.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3HIsHM5"]Read Our Review
3. Dunnrite Splash Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
The Dunnrite Splash And Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop has an adjustable pole which is coated with an aluminum powder to help resist rust. The base is made from a polyurethane to resist leaks.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3xivDdh"]Read Our Review
4. Dunnrite Products Pool Sport Basketball Hoop
The Dunrite Products Pool Sport Basketball Hoop is a combination basketball and volleyball set. The switch can happen in just minutes so you do not lose much play time.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/30WxatV"]Read Our Review
5. Swimline Giant Shootball Basketball Hoop
The Swimline Giant Shootball Swimming Pool Game Toy is an inflatable pool toy that can swim around the pool with you. It has an affordable price tag, so it will not break the bank.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3l4RHU2"]Read Our Review
6. Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball Game
The Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball Hoop is lightweight and portable so you can take it on the go with you. It comes with a price that is so low, you can buy more than one.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3FJtkTO"]Read Our Review
7. Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball
The Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Hoop is extra wide to give you more of a realistic basketball feel. The height can be adjusted for short or tall players.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/30PaKuM"]Read Our Review
8. GoSports Splash Pass Floating Pool Games
The GoSports Splash Hoop 360 & Splash Pass Floating Pool Games can be switched between different pool games. It has a strong frame that is assembled easily and quickly.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3lpvNLx"]Read Our Review
9. COOP Hydro Spring Hoops
The COOP Hydro Spring Hoops is a brightly colored inflatable toy that brings joy to all those playing in the pool. It twists and folds into a collapsible shape and it is easy to pack up and take with you. It comes with a storage bag to carry it with you.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3E2IX8x"]Read Our Review
10. GoSports Splash Hoop PRO Swimming Pool
The GoSports Splash Hoop PRO Swimming Pool Basketball Game has a modern look to it. It looks just like a mini basketball hoop and was designed specifically for play in the pool.
|[button url="https://amzn.to/3HOpJWj"]Read Our Review|
Reviews of Top 10 Pool Basketball Hoops
Here’s a list of the swimming pool basketball hoops we found on the market:
1. Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball Hoop System
What You Will Love: This poolside basketball hoop is made with very durable materials and comes with a 5 year warranty.
The Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball Hoop is made with a shatterproof fusion backboard that is constructed from polyethylene.
This means that the backboard is incredibly durable and can take a lot of hits. The large base requires about 27 gallons of water, but this helps improve the stability.
The rim is adjustable, but Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball Hoop also rusts when left out in the elements without proper maintenance. The rest of the poolside basketball hoop, however, stands up well to year round weather.
Perhaps covering the rim during bad weather and long periods of no use can prevent the rim from rusting. When you want to move the poolside basketball hoop, you can easily do so after releasing the water from the base. It regularly runs close to $200, so it is a little expensive.
However, Lifetime 1306 Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable swimming pool basketball hoop comes with a five-year warranty, so you can plan on keeping it for a long time.
Due to this, it is much more worth the price since the price divided over five years would be much less than $40 a year, and there is a good chance that it will last you much longer.
- It is made out of extremely durable material.
- It has pool side height adjustable option.
- There is a very long term warranty.
- The large base provides a lot of stability and it is portable.
- The rim rusts pretty easily.
- It takes a lot of water to help stabilize it.
- It is kind of expensive.
2. Poolmaster Pro Rebounder Basketball Game
What You Will Love: This set is really the best deal that we could find for the price, and the set is pretty good.
The Poolmaster Pro Rebounder Basketball Game set is one of the most budget friendly options available. The hoop backboard is created with durable all weather polyform plastic, and the net is coated with a mold resistant polyester coating.
The set can be assembled in five minutes or less- once you have all of the parts. Unfortunately, you will probably find that you need some additional nuts and bolts, and especially washers.
While you are at the store, you might as well purchase enough for the whole set because the included ones rust pretty easily. Instead, save yourself some time and frustration now by purchasing some stainless nuts and bolts.
Additionally, though it comes with a basketball, Poolmaster Pro is really good quality, so you will likely want to purchase. Even purchasing those extra supplies, this is a great deal and will likely cost you less than $100 altogether.
- It is a budget friendly option.
- The is constructed from durable all weather polyform plastic.
- It has a mold resistant polyester coated net.
- Assembling the set is simple.
- It sits on deck or pool sides after the base is filled with water or sand.
- This is a complete set that includes a basketball and inflating needle.
- The ball is not really good.
- The nuts and bolts will rust without proper care.
- You will likely need to purchase additional washers and/or stainless lock-nuts and bolts.
3. Dunrite Splash And Shoot Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: This hoop is made with a polyurethane backboard and a very tough polyethylene base.
This Dunrite Splash and Shoot Swimming poolside basketball hoop is a very sturdy and durable hoop.
Both the base and the backboard are constructed with durable materials, and the vinyl coated steel rim will stand up to heavy use.
The all weather net means that you do not have to worry so much about mold and mildew. The tough polyurethane base tends to prevent leaking, which is good since you need to fill the base with about 25 gallons of water.
If the base leaked, Dunrite Splash would waste a lot of water and money. The adjustable pole is coated with aluminum powder, helping it to prevent rust. Even better is the fact that it looks good. It can cost around $300, which is pretty high, but you also get a one year warranty with it.
- It is very sturdy once the 25 gallon base is filled with water and comes to about 115 lbs
- One year limited warranty.
- It comes with a basketball that matches the hoop.
- It comes with a durable high density polyethylene backboard.
- The vinyl coated steel rim and all weather net will help prevent some of the weather induced damage.
- The polyurethane base should prevent any leaking.
- It comes with an adjustable pole that is coated with aluminum powder.
- It runs pretty high.
- It might rust without care.
4. Dunrite Products Pool Sport Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: The name says it all. You can go from playing basketball to volleyball with the same set in just minutes in your swimming pool.
The Dunrite Products Pool Sport 2 in 1 water Basketball and Volleyball Combo Set provides hours of fun.
Dunrite Products is made with a durable poly backboard for great durability and a stainless steel basketball rim.
The unit may rust, but you can prevent this by spraying the whole thing with a clear coat of rustoleum and letting it dry overnight. It might be a good idea to do this once a year for extra protection from the water and weather.
You may or may not find that you are missing bolts from your unit, but the company seems to be very good about fixing this if you call.
The biggest irritation is that there are only two bases so you cannot play both games at the same time. This leads to more work to switch between games.
However, at around $200, Dunrite poolside basketball hoop is pretty affordable, even compared to some stand-alone hoops. Therefore, it really is hard to complain about a little extra work.
- It is a combo set which is more affordable than some stand alone water basketball hoops.
- It comes with a durable poly backboard and a stainless steel basketball rim.
- The adjustable volleyball net can span across a 22 foot pool.
- It has pool side height adjustable option.
- Easy initial set up.
- Both games cannot be played at the same time, and it can be a little troublesome to switch back and forth.
- The screws may rust over time.
- It is basically a whole bunch of white plastic, which may be rather unattractive to some.
- Some screws may be missing from the box.
5. Swimline Giant Shootball Swimming Pool Game Toy
What You Will Love: It is an incredibly fun toy for both kids and grown ups, so it gives the family something to do together and the kids a reason to be active.
This Swimline Giant Shootball Swimming Pool Game Toy is a lot of fun for anyone who chooses to purchase it.
In fact, you might find that your kids do not want to leave the pool and that your home is suddenly the neighborhood hangout- we’ll let you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Swimline Giant is a very durable inflatable, so you should have it for a while. However, it is still an inflatable item, so it would be prudent to keep some patches and a pump nearby- otherwise, you might cause a riot for stopping the fun.
- At $60 or less, it is a very affordable option
- It is one of the largest floating pool basketball hoops available.
- There are multiple ports for multiple shooters.
- It comes with an inflatable basketball
- It is pretty high quality for an inflatable toy.
- It can also be used as a float for your kiddos
- It is one of the higher-priced floating options.
- You may not get your kids out of the pool.
- It would be wise to keep patches close by, especially if your kids are rough with their toys.
6. Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: It is durable, lightweight, and incredibly affordable.
Admittedly, this floating hoop is not a fun looking as the inflatable one, but it is a more affordable option.
If you are looking for something really cheap to get you through just a few weeks of play at the end of the summer, this Swimline Super Hoops Floating Basketball Game might be for you.
If you are looking for something exciting and durable, this is probably not it. It is not very tall, so there is not a lot of space to “shoot” the ball, but it may be exciting enough for shorter children.
Swimline Super Pool Basketball Hoops also lacks the feel of “real” basketball since both the net and the ball are very small, and there is no backboard.
On the other hand, it is very light and portable, so you can take it with you to a friend’s house, the community pool, or even a trip to the ocean. You can also look forward to the fact that it is very easy to assemble.
- It normally runs around $33 or less, making it one of the most affordable floating pool basketball hoops available.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It is a pool side height adjustable portable basketball hoop
- It is constructed with PVC fluted tubing for strength and durability
- It is easily portable.
- It is not made out of the most durable materials.
- There is no backboard and it is not very stable.
7. Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: This is a great choice to go with if you are looking for something close to the real basketball experience.
The Swimline Cool Jam Pro Poolside Basketball Super-Wide set is the best poolside set for active basketball players who are looking for some extra practice while having fun.
It is also great for people who, in general, simply like an experience closer to the real game. The wide backboard means less chasing after run away basketballs.
The pool side height adjustable hoop is enjoyable for everyone. Whether the Swimline Cool poolside basketball hoop is used by little guys or big guys, it can be put at a good height.
On the downside, it does have a propensity to rust. Spraying the body down with a clear coat of Rustoleum should probably help, but the net tears up pretty quickly, too.
It takes less than half an hour to assemble. It costs close to $200, so it is a bit pricey. However, there are enough positive aspects, and a manufacturer’s warranty, that the price may not seem so bad. Swimline Cool is in fact cheaper than many other poolside options.
- It comes with a regulation size game ball, a metal hoop, and a heavy duty net.
- It features pool side height adjustable option.
- The super wide body is a molded hard body with a durable backboard.
- It can be assembled very quickly.
- The price is a bit high.
- The rim rusts pretty easily.
8. GoSports Splash Hoop 360 & Splash Pass Floating Pool Games
What You Will Love: This is a complete set that can be switched between different games, such as football and lacrosse.
This basketball hoop assembles easily in a few quick minutes, which means GoSports Splash Hoop will not take long before you are playing. It is lightweight at less than five pounds.
It is durable and does not look like one of the cheap versions that you may be used to seeing and playing with.
The basketball has a grip that is no slip so you do not have to chase the balls outside of the pool. The basketball hoop itself does not have chambers that need to be filled up with air. GoSports Splash Hoop is made of solid construction and you do not spend any time blowing up an inflatable.
- This comes as a complete set including basketballs and an air pump.
- It is easy to assemble with no tools
- It has an affordable price tag
- Foam on the bottom falls apart quickly
- The hoop flips over easily
9. COOP Hydro Spring Pool Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: This basketball hoop is covered in fabric and brings joy to all those in your pool. It is collapsible and portable to take it on the go to a friend’s pool. It can twist and fold up so you can easily carry it. It is lightweight, weighing less than 2 pounds making it easy to pack up.
This toy is great for those who are ages 5 and older. This toy measures 24.4 inches long by 24.4 inches wide by 20.5 inches high once it is completely inflated.
This inflatable is completely waterproof so you have no worries about leaving it in your pool.
This toy comes from a long line of durable products by Coop. This company is located locally in Virginia. COOP Hydro Spring Hoops is an incredibly affordable product that should last a few years giving you plenty of enjoyment. If the hoop gets overly soaked, it resumes its buoyancy once it dries in the sun.
- Comes with a storage bag for ease of carrying
- Comes with a basketball
- Lightweight at less than 2 pounds
- You have to inflate the toy before using
- May get holes in the toy easily
- The balls are a little heavy
10. GoSports Splash Hoop PRO Swimming Pool Side Height Adjustable Portable Basketball Hoop
What You Will Love: This hoop is the perfect basketball hoop to slam dunk in the pool making your party the ultimate good time. This basketball hoop has a 14-inch rim and a large backboard that measures 31 inches by 23 inches.
The base of the basketball hoop has a bit of an upward type of incline. This gives the basketball net a depth of 26 inches.
This basketball hoop hangs out on the side of your pool. It does not float around the pool with you. This is really intended for an inground or backyard pool.
There is really no metal on this basketball hoop so there should be no rust on it which makes it one of the best options.
This basketball hoop comes in two colors, so you have the option of red or blue. This is an upgraded and robust design of what you normally see in a poolside basketball hoop. This is a great hoop for children and adults.
- This set includes 2 water basketballs and an air pump
- Incredibly sturdy to last forever
- This does not float in the pool
- This is more on the expensive side
How To Choose The Best Pool Basketball Hoop?
When picking out a swimming pool hoop, consider the following:
What Are The Different Types?
You have a couple of different hoops to choose from.
Floating hoops do not attach to anything but instead float around in the pool. These are enjoyable as the game can be played from all sides of the hoop, allowing for a little more movement. They are typically either inflatable or made from lightweight plastic.
Affixed or Poolside Hoops
Affixed or poolside basketball hoops are designed to attach to the side of the pool. These are enjoyable for people who want a more traditional basketball game as you can set the goal on one side of the pool, or get one for each side.
Adjustable swimming pool basketball hoops are actually another type of poolside basketball hoop. The only difference is that you can adjust their height, typically from 24 to 44 inches tall.
Flexibility And Portability
If you own your own pool and will only be playing there, you do not need so much portability. If you will be taking them to a friend’s pool or even a public pool, you want it to be highly portable. In this case, a floating hoop would be the better option.
Some poolside basketball hoops can be installed on an indoor court. These poolside hoops can be easily transformed into indoor basketball hoops in the winter season.
Floating hoops, or inflatable ones, need to be stored away as rain and wind can easily damage them. Affixed or poolside options are usually much more sturdy and can stand up to tough weather.
Consider the fact that the less durable ones- the inflatable ones- cost much less than the affixed ones. However, the affixed ones are much more durable.
The hoop you choose to get will revolve around how often you are willing to replace the net on the hoop, and whether or not you are willing to take it in and out of the pool after every use.
You can find swimming pool hoops made very cheap- cheap enough that you could actually just buy a new one every week or so.
However, there are those made from such great quality that they can last quite possible until your kids bring their own kids over to play. How much are you willing to invest?
What Type Of Basketball Hoop Is Best For A Saltwater Pool?
If you have a salt water pool, you may want to consider the S.R. Smith Swim N’ Dunk Salt Friendly Challenge Basketball Game. It has a steel vinyl coated frame that the salt water will not affect.
Where Can I Buy A Pool Basketball Hoop?
They are available almost anywhere that sells pool toys, including places like Amazon. However, you will find the biggest variety of swimming pool basketball hoops available online.
Which Brand Makes The Best Basketball Hoop For A Pool?
Both Swimline and Dunrite are great brand options when it comes to water sports, especially basketball hoops. If you are looking for a floating one, Swimline has better option. If you want a pool side hoop, look for Dunrite.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop?
That depends on the type of hoop. You can find them for less than $100, and all the way into the thousands for specialty ones- such as salt water friendly ones.
Final Verdict: Best Pool Basketball Hoops
A swimming pool basketball hoop set can give you, your family, and your friends an hour of water fun. When you are ready to purchase, you can use the information presented in this buying guide to choose the best hoop for your pool.
More Related Articles: